Saturday, June 29, 2013

DIY lemon coconut sea salt scrub.

It's been about two weeks since my last post, and much has changed since then! We are in our new house!!!! Hardwood floors, new appliances, gas stove, huge backyard (I'm talking big people, like 1/3 acre!), lots of space, which is probably my favorite thing. Being in a house is so different from an apartment (different, but soooooo much better) and I am so in love with it. We have been here a grand total of 3 days, and I just told Tucker today that I never want to move! So thankful.

me in our "office". :)


Currently, I am blogging from our "office" which is really just the front bedroom, with a desk, a big red loveseat chair and a large mirror sitting on the floor. I've been in here a good part of the day, catching up on my blog reading, Youtube video watching, etc. While on Youtube, I visited Essie Button's channel (if you don't know who Essie is, please go here. You will forever be changed.) and I came upon a video of a DIY foot scrub that she made with sea salt. It's summer right now, and my feet are pretty rough thanks to being in tennis shoes alot of the time, being on my feet more than usual in the past few weeks, and just from overall not putting the time into caring for them. Even though I deviated a bit from the way that Estee made her scrub, I think my version works just as well. All the ingredients are natural and work really well for dry skin. I love my scrub and since I have made it, have used it both on my feet and hands. It is wonderful and easy to make and cheaper to make then most scrubs in stores. I'll try to guesstimate the measurements of my recipe, but really, I just kept adding until I felt like the consistency was what I needed. 

DIY Lemon Coconut Sea Salt Scrub



**I used this on my feet and hands, although I'm sure you could use it all over your body. I would be careful to use it on your face because the sea salt can make this scrub pretty abrasive. So, if I were to use it on my face, I would probably use granulated sugar instead of salt.**

Combine about 1/3 to 2/3 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 good squeeze honey, and juice of 1/2 a lemon in a bowl, or mason jar. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Should feel like a scrub, so not too oily, but not just salt grains. Scrub on feet or hands, rinse, and make everyone in your house feel your smooth skin! 

Let me know if you try out this recipe! I am thinking of trying out coffee scrub next so if I do, I will be sure to post about it. 

Happy Scrubbing!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment