Sunday, January 1, 2012

12.

(Courtesy of the New York Times)

Dear 2012,

I do not know all you have in store for me this year, but I pray that it will be a year of adventure, love and learning. In 2012, I will get married, become an "aunt" to two beautiful babies, continue on through college, and learn what it means to share a life with another person. I will watch countless movies, read phenomenal books,drink lots of tea, and hopefully even travel a bit. I will spend lots of time with my friends, family, and many quiet hours in bookstores. I will look to God for everything. If 2011 taught me anything it's that the only thing I can do is to trust that He really is good and that He really will be with me wherever I am. God has shown me how much and how strongly He loves me, and I am so undeserving. My mission is three part for this year. I have a 5-year journal that I write in everyday and the question for January 1 was "What is your mission?" I don't like making "resolutions" because 1. I never keep them, and 2. Resolutions resolve. Life doesn't really ever resolve. So instead I have a mission. A mission sounds so much more adventurous and fun. and that's really how I see my life anyway. So, my mission.

Part 1. I do not believe, in any way, that anyone is undeserving of love or friendship. I do not believe in a grace-less way of living,and I fear that my heart is heading that direction. I want to be open and honest with others, loving them the way Christ loved, loves and will love me. This goes for anyone and everyone I meet.

Part 2. I am not confident in my abilities. I shy away from trying new things, meeting new people, or branching out. I know that I can do things well, but the fear of failing at them prevents me from even trying. And that kind of life, my friends, is boring. Beyond boring. I'm done being afraid. I want challenge, and newness, and life.I want to experience everything, travel, draw, write, create and feel. I do not want my life to be mundane, and unexciting. I want to live is every sense of that word.

Part 3. I want my life to represent the One who gave it to me. I want my love for others to make them braver, stronger, and determined. God inspires me to be better everyday, and I believe that the best people in our lives do the same. I want to grow, learn, lead and love.

My mission is to experience my life as fully as I can while I am here. I am not meant for this world, and my soul craves the home it belongs to.But while I am here, I will try my hardest to make this life as much like my home as possible. :)

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity.

I pray that your 2012 is bold, adventurous and full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment